Saturday, October 7, 2023

Using up UFO's

 


This is my October Crafters of Faith card.  This is a sweet group on SCS that Faye hosts.  I am the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:


Scripture:  Isaiah 40:31 "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Challenge:  Please make a card that highlights anything with wings--you decide what you want to showcase.


I  first picked a pretty Gina K Designs stamp set called Beautiful Butterflies--and I have the coordinating dies!There are some very pretty images and coordinating sentiments.  I then went to my basket of UFO's--backgrounds and such that I previously made.  I found two watercolored panels that I thought would make pretty butterflies. I stamped three of the images on each panel and then cut them out with the matching dies.  I also had 2 black lattice frames in the basket, so I die cut 2 more from my Ellentina Large Lattice frame.  I glued them together for a bit of dimension on the front of my card. One card base is SU's Pumpkin Pie and the other is TPC's Cocktail Metallic.  The stamped and die cut sentiment is from the same stamp set.  The So Very Grateful is also a Gina K sentiment, from one of her pre-printed packs.  I added some black enamel dots around each of the cards.  





I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month! We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too!  Lisa has our November challenge, so be sure to check back!

Image/Sentiment:  Gina K Designs Beautiful Butterflies Stamp and Die Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White, Cocktail Metallic; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; Watercolored Backgrounds
 
Accessories:  Ellentina large Lattice Frame Die; Black Enamel Dots

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

these are beautiful Barb - love the backgrounds you chose to highlight the sweet butterflies
Blessings
Maxine