Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Pine Tree...Holly Jolly

 



Today is the last day of October and I am posting a pair of cards for our challenge-The Catch-up Club!  A few of my stamping friends, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry along with myself, have signed up for a number of virtual stamping events in the past 3+ years.  One of the benefits of these events are that they are available to rewatch or even watch for the first time at a later date as they are all recorded. The 4 of us "try" to watch live and chat by texting during the event.  But, life steps in and there are times when one or more of us are not participating during the live.  Then, the kits from sponsors sits in our stamping area until we are ready to watch the video and create.  During one of the events, we decided we needed to push ourselves (and each other) to get some of these events done!   So--we all decided to devote one day a month, the last day of the month for the somewhat procrastinators that we are, to post cards we missed making.  So--here we are in our 8th month of The Catch Up Club!

Reminder--these are not my own designs!  The cards are the designs of the other instructors from these classes.  I am just recreating the cards from the class. This month the creations are again from Sarah and The Paper Cut in Appleton, WIS!

These cards are from a class Sarah did last year or maybe even in 2021 called Pine Tree...Holly Jolly--Golds and Glitter.  I did the class live at that time, but I recently bought a parts and pieces kit from their warehouse sale.  All of the pieces were there to make 6 cards, but some of the sentiments were not stamped.  Luckily I had bought the Impression Obsession Holly Jolly stamp after the original class, so I could stamp the remainder of the cards.   The background stamp is also Impression Obsession, called Pixel Xmas Tree.  I used my Copic Sketch Markers to color the pine needles.  Sarah used Gold Stickles to color the berries-so I did too.  I rarely use Stickles, but they do add some shimmer to the card!

 


Sarah offers many different kinds of classes through the year and kits can be ordered from their website.  I have 3 other virtual classes from The Paper Cut that need to be completed.  Plus I had a virtual event from Pinkfresh Studio last month and another one is the first part of October.  I have many cards to complete coming up this winter--so stay tuned.    I am already way behind, so more Catch Up to Come!


I hope you enjoyed my cards!  Here are the links to the other of the Catch Up Club.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry's, and Darlene's blogs.  They may post today or tomorrow, but we have all promised to post cards that we have missed the making along the way!


Image/Sentiment:  Pine Tree...Holly Jolly class from The Paper Cut/Pixel Xmas and Holly Jolly stamps are from Impression Obsession 

Cardstock:  All included in kit--all are available from The Paper Cut

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  
Gold Ribbon; Gold Stickles; Copic Sketch Markers

3 comments:

Carol W said...

These cards are awesome Barb.

kiwimeskreations said...

How wonderful to be able to make six cards with you original kit and the extra's you were able to buy.
A wonderful set of cards Barb
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, congrats on catching up with these beauties! Well done!