Friday, December 15, 2023

All Together Holiday

 


Today is the 15th and these are my two cards this month for our The Creative Crew!  We are a group of 7 and all one team--Jeanette, Carol, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit.  This month Darlene is the hostess and sent us a sweet kit of fun Taylored Expression images from the All Together Holiday Set.  She also included some pretty marbled paper from Craft Consortium called Ink Drops-Dusk.  She encouraged us to stretch our creativity a bit an create a Christmas card that features colors that are not traditionally used at Christmas.

Hummm--I thought about the papers for about a second and then went right to what do I do with all of the sweet little images Darlene sent. So--off to find my Taylored Expressions Big Circles Cutting Plate! I picked two of the pieces of the Ink Drops paper and decided to use metallic cardstock with the cutting plate.   So, it may not be totally non-traditional as I picked Antique Gold and Silver Metallic Cardstock from The Paper Cut!  I placed the Antique Gold on a piece of the burgundy patterned paper and colored those images with my Copic Sketch Markers, using rich color.  For the Silver Metallic, I picked the gray background and colored those images with bright reds and greens.  I then tucked the images in some of the circles and left the rest empty to highlight the pretty background papers.  I chose two sentiments from my Pinkfresh Studio Foiled Sentiment 4 Holiday set for the cards.  I added metallic stars to the gold card and silver sequins to the silver card. These were such fun cards to make!





Darlene included some trimmed edges of the Ink Drops patterned paper, so I added a strip to the inside of each of my cards.

I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my cards this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted this month.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blog, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   

We will be back in January with the image I will be sending out. I better start to think of what to ink up!   Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what fun I have planned!


Image/Sentiment:   Taylored Expressions All Together Holiday/Pinkfresh Studio Foiled Sentiments 4 Holiday

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; The Paper Cut Antique Gold and Silver Metallic Cardstock; Craft Consortium Ink Drops-Dusk Patterned Paper

Ink:  Hero Arts Intensified Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Taylored Expressions Big Circles Cutting Plate; Metallic Stars and Silver Sequins Bling

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, that background die was the perfect choice for showcasing all of the sweet images in Darlene's kit. You did such a good job with these two cards! Impressive!

Darlene LeTavec said...

This is BRILLIANT! I love the images peeking around those circles! What a great idea. Using metallic cardstock is very cool. I love both of your cards!

Tracie said...

Cute card Barb. I love all the circles. What a great way to highlight all those darling images.

Carol W said...

WOW Barb. Two fabulous cards. I love the creativity in how you used the images. It is so much fun to see how everyone's creations are so different using the same kit. Love your cards.