Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Paper Hugs Sparkles

 


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card. This card is number 55, so we are into year #5. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I decided again to use Lustre Polish made by Creative Expressions, this time the color is Snow and Ice.  That is a perfect medium to use for December!  I again applied the polish over an embossed image.  

The background is black cardstock and I used my Spellbinders Geo Screen Embossing Folder. I then took the Snow & Ice Lustre Polish and gently rubbed the color over the top of the embossed panel.  The Paper Hugs Die is from Lawn Fawn and is layered three times.  The words and the cardbase is some pretty cardstock from The Paper Cut called White Lady Metalic and is so pretty!   I added some clear rhinestones around the card for a bit more sparkle.  




Here is a close-up of one corner, showing the sparkle.


                    


I really like the look of my cards and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like them too!  Here are the links to the other somewhat messy crafters:   Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to in 2024 as we will all be back for another round!

Image/Sentiment:  Lawn Fawn Paper Hugs Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up Basic Black; The Paper Cut White Lady Metallic Cardstock

Ink: Creative Expressions Snow & Ice Lustre Polish

Accessories:  Clear Rhinestones; Spellbinders Geo Screen Embossing Folder

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, that luster polish certainly makes the embossed piece shimmer and shine. Gorgeous card!