Thursday, April 16, 2020

Thank You!


Today is the day after the third Wednesday of the month and this is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 Musketeers--Kelly, Jeanette and me--are back with another challenge for April, our 36th month!  That means we just ended our third year--YAY! And, you know we will be back for the start of our 37th month in May!


Jeanette provided the challenge for April: As you know, we are in the midst of a pandemic. We as a nation; no, as a world, are struggling with how best to deal with life as it exists in social distancing (and closures), shortages of not just wants but also needed supplies, and concern for the most vulnerable in our society. It is my hope (my prayer!) that things will be much improved by posting day for Ready Set Go. That may or may not be the case. Time will tell.

Even as we’ve dealt with the disheartening aspects of COVID-19, we’ve also heard many heart-warming stories. As restaurants were preparing to close to eat-in dining, one couple left a $9,400 tip so “the entire staff can feed their families.” A young woman went into the store and purchased the groceries for an elderly couple whom she didn’t know after they tearfully told her they were “afraid to go into the store.” Italians singing to their neighbors from their balconies. On and on the stories go.

So, for the April 2020 Ready Set Go theme I want you to find a heartwarming story from this pandemic period and use it as inspiration for your card. AND… because that in and of itself is too easy for these extreme themes… I also want you to pay homage to the early reports of people buying/hoarding toilet paper. How? By including something on your card that begins with the letter “T” and something that begins with the letter “P”. Stumped? Think colors (turquoise, purple for instance); think images (trees, penguins); think designs (textures, plaids) – you get the idea.

Ready? Set? Go!

I knew I wanted to make a bright and cheerful card.  I picked a Whipper Snapper image called Thank You Watering Can-T #1.  I colored with my Copic Sketch Markers and cut the image and layer from a set of Gina Marie Designs Pierced Chain Round Rectangles-P #1.  The colors I picked for the cardstock was Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather and Coastal Cabana-two shades of purples-P #2 & 3.  I used a Stampin' Up Embossing Folder called Tufted-T #2.   Enamel dots and bakers twine complete the card.  I like the colors of this card and tried to use my T's and P's!  I think I met the challenge!  And, this card will be postal this week to my friend Jill who is a nurse.....................


Here is the inside of my card:


Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. Kelly is up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in May!  

Image/Sentiment: Whipper Snapper Thank You Watering Can

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Purple Baker's Twine; Enamel Dots; Stampin' Up Tufted Embossing Folder; Gina Marie Designs Pierced Chain Round Rectangles



3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your beautiful TP card is sure to make your friend Jill smile. Thank you for thinking of her and saying thank you. These are challenging times for our medical people.

And thank you for doing such a fantastic job with my Ready Set Go theme!

Carol W said...

Awesome card Barb. I love all the tp you incorporated. Love the image and the color scheme as well. Great job.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Barb - and so appropriate for a nurse in these difficult times
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine