Saturday, April 4, 2020

This is my Happy Face!


This is card #4 for my April One + 12 card!  This is a very fun, monthly challenge with Kelly and Jeanette to use one stamp only, each month, for one + 12!  For 2020, I am using my Taylored Expressions image called Big Grumpy.  I am able to add one of the coordinating sentiments from the set.  I think he is a hoot!  

This month I went with a stark contrast of black and white patterned paper along black and white cardstock.  I colored big Grumpy with my Copic Sketch Markers and used the matching die to cut him out.  I added one of the sentiments that I think is perfect for what is happening around the world!



Here is the inside of my card:


Please be sure to check out the other One plus Twelve cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  We are to post on the 3rd, but I had a DT card yesterday, so you might have to check back one day on their blog.  I am sure you will enjoy checking out the one stamp set each of them picked for 2020 and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card and that you might too! Be sure to check back every month on the 3rd to see our cards!

Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Big Grumpy and matching die

Cardstock:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Basic Black; Black/White Patterned Paper

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Black and White Baker's Twine




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

LOL! I love that grumpy guy - and his happy face. So fun! And the way you used a predominantly dark color scheme for your card communicates grumpy well.

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Barb - perfectly tuned to the current world situation!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

the photo for the inside of this card and quite a few others are missing. is there some other way to view them? i like to see them for inspiration.