Saturday, March 12, 2022

Hello-Thinking of You


Today is the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 34 and we are well into year #3. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I used one of the previous panels I made last month with with my Tim Holtz alcohol inks.  I do love them and they are very messy! For this panel, I used three colors of blue on a piece of Yupo.  I also added Tim Holtz blending solution along with my hand blower.  I die cut the word Hello from an Altenew Die called Mega Hello from the inked panel.  I then embossed a piece of Night of Navy with a Stampin' Up folder called Seaside. I added two more layers of die cut word behind hello for some added dimension. The embossed panel was added onto the remaining piece of inked paper for a bit of color as a layer.  The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp sentiments strip set.   I added some blue enamel dots as the final touch.   I really like the look of this card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies liked it too!  






Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on April 12th.  

Image/Sentiment: Altenew Mega Hello Die/ Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strips sddt

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Night of Navy:  Yupo

Ink:  Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks--shades of blue

Accessories:  Blue Enamel Dots; Stampin' Up Seaside Embossing Folder



5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is absolutely gorgeous! Lovely bold colors and awesome design!

Carol W said...

Barb you do such a wonderful job with your TH alcohol ink backgrounds. You've got the technique perfected. I love the blues and the embossing folder you used. This is an awesome card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the die cut and the pretty AI pattern- lovely!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning die cut Barb, and I love how you have used the AI panel to cut it from, and to make a layer in the construction of the card. The enamel dots are the perfect accent.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene LeTavec said...

So very pretty!! What a rich blends of blue. I would have blue stained fingers for a week. Gloves could solve that (duh) That's a really cool die and a perfect focal point for the card.