Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Team Coffee or Team Tea?


Today is the 15th and that means the Dueling Darlings are back to post their fun cards!  This group was founded 10 years ago and there are a few of us that are the original members.  Kelly and Jeanette are still our team leaders and they try so hard to keep us all in line and going strong!  On team Kelly are Terry, Carol and me.  Team Jeanette consists of Lorraine, Darlene and Tracie.  And, we are all Dueling Darlings!  


Lorraine and I sent out the March kits. The theme this month is Team Coffee or Team Tea!  I am team coffee as I have a latte every morning, made by Rebecca followed by a cup or two of regular coffee.  And Lorraine is a tea drinker so she is team tea. Side note--as I type this up on Monday, I too am sipping a cup of tea..........  Which team are you?  Be sure to tell me in the comments are you team coffee or team tea?  

I sent out some sweet coffee images and sentiments from a fun Gina K Designs set called Perfect Blend. I also included some fun coffee themed patterned papers, along with some cute ribbon and twine. And, of course embellishments for the bling!  I hope there were enough options for some fun cards!

I picked the traditional coffee cup and colored it with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I die cut the image and black layer with a set of Gina Marie Cross Stitched Circles.  I then added one of the cute sentiments and also backed that rectangle with black.  The fun patterned paper are coffee beans from Moxie called Perfect Blend-Coffee Addict. I went with a layer of the sparkly brown ribbon, topped with brown baker's twine. The bling are jewels from Pinkfresh Studios and the color is Sparkling Champagne--another great beverage!   This was fun card to make!



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the fun coffee bean patterned paper.



I hope all of the Dueling Darlings enjoy my card this month and that my team liked their coffee themed kit. Please be sure to stop in to see what fun morning beverage creations are posted!  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blogs, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   Darlene and Terry are up for April, so be sure to check back on the 15th to see all of our creations.


Image/Sentiment:  Gina K Designs Perfect Blend Stamp Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:   The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White Stampin' Up Basic Black, Early Espresso;  Moxie Perfect Blend-Coffee Addict Patterned Papers; 

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitched Circle Dies; Brown Baker's Twine; Brown Sparkly Ribbon; Pinkfresh Studios Sparkling Champagne Jewels; Copic Sketch Markers


7 comments:

Tracie said...

Love your card. What a great theme this month. Got to love your coffee!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card makes me smile - that sentiment is perfect! I love the theme you and Lorraine came up with.

Lorraine said...

Barb - great job on your card! Thanks for being such a wonderful Dueling Darling partner!

Margaret said...

Cute card, Barb. I'm Team Tea when I drink something other than water. I like it hot or cold depending on the season.

Carol W said...

Barb what a wonderful theme, card and kit. I had fun with this kit thank you so much. We used the same dsp just opposite sides and sentiment. (great minds right?). I really like your card both inside and out.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun kit you sent out Barb, and I love your card!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene LeTavec said...

Great card!! Love the sentiment - it's so true! The coffee bean paper is perfect. Guess I switch between coffee and tea. However, in the morning I need my 2 cups of coffee to get going!
Thanks for a fun theme this month.