Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Pinkfresh Studio Double Duty


Here we are!  This is the 14th month, so we are into year #2.  This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night, similar to what Kelly has had in the past.  Plus, it is a bit of offshoot of our Stamp What Challenge! This one is called Double Duty! 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For March, the company we are using is Pinkfresh Studios. This is a newer company and they have such stunning florals.  They also have so many coordinating items--stamps, plus dies, and stencils along with sometimes washi tape.  Great Fun to play with all of the components.  I picked a very sweet stamp that was part of the Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Collaboration called You Are Next Level Amazing.  I did not get the matching die for this set and am a bit sad about that.........  But, it sure does have some fun and sweet sentiments.



For my first card-the pink one, I used gold embossing powder for the image and sentiment. I then colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I wanted a pretty simple card, so I placed the image and sentiment in the middle so I could use my Gina K Master Layout 2. the back layer is gold cardstock to match the gold embossing.  A few Concord & 9th enamel dots are the final touch.  




For my second card, the white one, I stamped the image and sentiment in black ink. I also colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and again, I die cut the panel with Master Layouts 2.  This time the back layer is black.  Again, Concord & 9th enamel dots were added for the final touch. 



I had a number of Double Duty elements on these cards.  Both panels were cut with Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2.  I used my Copic Sketch Markers on both cards and added Concord & 9th enamel dots too.




I hope you enjoyed my card for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards.  

Here is a link to Jeanette's,  Darlene and Carol's blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  Our friend Kelly might occasionally post a card for our challenge, but she could not commit to the entire year.  So, check her blog to see if she did play along this month!

CC Designs is up for our our April challenge, so be sure to check out our cards on the 22nd!


Image/Sentiment:  Pinkfresh Studio and Simon Says Stamp-You Are Next Level Amazing stamp set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Basic Black, Calypso Coral; The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White, Gold Mirricard

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; Versamark;

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; Concord & 9th Enamel Dots

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these are s elegant with their use of white space and that tiny border of gold, too. Lovely cards!!!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Jeanette is right, such elegance! Perfect use of one of my favorite colors, too! I really like the gold embossing and then coloring the image. So very classy. The deeper tones on the second card are so perfect, set off nicely by the black panel. These are awesome cards.

Carol W said...

Both cards are stunning and classy. I love the color choices you made. The layouts are perfect for this lovely stamp.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this delicate image Barb, and how you have used it on the two cards - fabulous work
Blessings
Maxine