Monday, March 7, 2022

Lamp Unto My Feet



This is my March Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS.  She hosted for 5 years and now Faith has taken over for year #7. We will continue as we have in the past with each month a new hostess gives us a scripture and challenges us to make a card with that theme. 

Lisa is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:

Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

Challenge: I keep hearing Amy Grant singing it while Michael W Smith is playing the piano. For a card, base it on any meaning you can draw from this verse.


I really like this stamp set from Inky Antics called Shining Lantern.  I contains the lantern image and some wonderful coordinating sentiments.  I have used it often for cards in the past.  I think I bought this at a stamp show in Rockford, Illinois a number of years ago.  As I am scheduling this post, I am planning to go to the same show on Saturday and it is the first in person stamp show I have been to in more than 2 1/2 years!  I colored the lantern image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  The sentiment and layer was die cut with a very old set from Spellbinders Nestabilities called Labels 3.  The background was die cut with Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 and then I used is a Stampin' Up Embossing Folder called Tufted.  The final touch are 3 black enamel dots.   I really like the look of this card and the message makes me smile!





I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! 

Image/Sentiment:  Inky Antics Shining Lantern

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Crushed Curry

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Black Enamel Dots; Stampin' Up Tufted Embossing Folder; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 3




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is gorgeous. I love the layers and overall design, plus the great stamps you used. I hope you enjoyed your stamp show this weekend.

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a beautiful card Barb - love that verse and you have showcased it beautifully with the lantern, it is the perfect image to illustrate/emphasis it
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine