Friday, April 22, 2022

CC Designs Easter


Here we are!  This is the 15th month, so we are into year #2.  This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night and it is called Double Duty! 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For April, the company we are using is CC Designs. This is a newer company to me and I only have a few stamp sets.  I do have a fun Easter set, so I thought that is perfect for April!  It is called Easter Egg Hunt and comes with matching dies!




For my slimline card, I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and die cut the sweet bunnies along with the cute flowers. I used The Paper Cut's slimline card base and triple window front for my card in fun, bright, spring colors.  The white background was embossed with We R Memory Keepers Polka Dot Folder.   I placed the bunnies and flowers in the windows, along with the sentiment from the same set.  I added some Wink of Stella to the pink bunny's tail



For my second card, I also colored one of the bunnies with my Copic Sketch Markers and die cut the image.  The frame is from Memory Box and is called Easter Eggstravaganza!   I used the same Easter Wishes sentiment on this card.  I again used bright spring colors for my cardstock.  A few pink enamel dots were added for the final touch. 



I had a number of Double Duty elements on these cards.  I used my Copic Sketch Markers on both cards.  I also used some of the same colors of cardstock.  I did use the same bunny image and sentiment on both cards--but I did add a few of his friends on the slimline card!



I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards.  

Here is a link to Jeanette's,  Darlene and Carol's blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  Our friend Kelly might occasionally post a card for our challenge, but she could not commit to the entire year.  So, check her blog to see if she did play along this month!

Stamping Bella is up for our our May challenge, so be sure to check out our cards on the 22nd!


Image/Sentiment:  CC Designs Easter Egg Hunt stamp and die set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay; The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White, and Slimline Cardstock

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; We R Memory Keepers Polka Dot Embossing Folder; Memory Box Easter Eggstravaganza Frame; Pink Enamel Dots; Wink of Stella

2 comments:

Carol W said...

Wow Barb, both very cute cards so different but yet the same elements. You did a wonderful job on both of these. Love the die cut with the eggs. So glad you asked me to join.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness... these Easter cards are ADORABLE, Barb! Such a fun set and the cards are each so very different, yet with similarities, too. Well done!