Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Hot Mess = Success

 


Today is the day after the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 35 and we are coming to the end of year #3. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I used two colors of Creative Expressions Metallic Gilding Polish--Silver Dream and Purple Mist. I first used this medium a few months ago when Darlene sent me two tubs--and I think these are the 2 colors she sent.  Of course, since then I have added a few other tubs to my collection!  I rubbed the colors on an black panel that was embossed with Stampin' Up's Tin Tile Dynamic Folder.  I love the shine and texture--looks like a tin ceiling.  I cut the Just Because from a Simon Says Stamp die set. The words are cut from silver metallic and layered three times added dimension.  The backer is die cut from black glossy.  The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions Simple Strips in Reverse-Everyday Occasions.   I added some black enamel dots as the final touch.   I really like the look of this card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies liked it too!  




Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. Be sure to check back a day as I bet they were on time!   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on May 12th.  I hope to be on time!

Image/Sentiment:  Simon Says Stamp Just Because/Taylored Expressions Simple Strips in Reverse-Everyday Occasions

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Basic Black, Gorgeous Grape; The Paper Cut Black Glossy, Silver Mirricard

Ink:  Creative Expressions Purple Mist and Silver Dream Metallic Gilding Polish

Accessories:  Black Enamel Dots; Stampin' Up Tin Tile Dynamic Embossing Folder

2 comments:

Carol W said...

Barb this card is absolutely STUNNING. It is beautiful. Great job with thiw months challenge.

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW!!!! This is amazing Barb - love it
Blessings
Maxine