Saturday, January 28, 2023

Happy Anniversary


Today is the day I am posting my card for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 73rd month of de-stash, so we are just starting our 7th year of challenges.  I cannot believe my thought about using what we have is now 6!   I really like these challenges and know they will continue as I know I have many, many items in my stash that I can use and love the fun challenges!


The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

I posted our January challenge--Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary for 6 years of this group. Make a celebration card that has metallic on it.

I recently bought this Spellbinders Happy Anniversary Vignette die set.  So yes, it technically was in my stash as I did not buy it specifically for this challenge. I bought it a I needed something to make anniversary cards and this set of 4 dies was perfect.  I die cut the middle section with Copper Mirricard from The Paper Cut and the filigree border from Opal Mirricard, also from The Paper Cut.  I then embossed a copper panel with my Spellbinders Geo Screen folder.  I added a few ivory pearls around the card, thought they are a bit hard to see.  There is lots of shine and sparkle on this card and it was pretty easy to make.  

 


If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days. There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSJAN.  You might see many cards there if you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For February, Jeanette is up for our challenge.  Be sure to check back to see what we create then!


Image/Sentiment:   Spellbinders Happy Anniversary Vignette Die Set

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White, Mirricard Gold and Opal

Ink: None

Accessories:  Spellbinders Geo Screen Embossing Folder; Ivory Pearls

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is such a beauty! That anniversary die is so elegant.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunner Barb - that Anniversary vignette set is exquisite, and cut in the mirri card it must look so shiny IRL!
Blessings
Maxine

Tracie said...

What a beautiful card. Amazing how those dies really pop with that metallic background.

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card. I love that die that you used and the background paper is so pretty.