Sunday, January 15, 2023

Introducing The Creative Crew


Today is the 15th and this is my card for a old group with a new name (old as in been around for awhile--not old ladies!) The new name for our group is The Creative Crew!  The original was founded 11 years ago and there are a few of us that are the original members.  Jeanette is still our team leader and I have volunteered to help her out when needed--like our challenge this month! We are now a group of 7 and all one team--Jeanette, Carol, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit.  This month Jeanette and I kind of worked together for the kits. 


For our first challenge in January, Jeanette and I decided on a theme of snow.  I sent out an image to everyone and Jeanette sent out the patterned paper and embellishments.  We did not know what the other sent until we also received the envelope--just the theme of Snow!

I sent everyone this sweet image from Creative Vision Stamps called Snowman with a Broom-large.   I did not include a sentiment because of   the size, but some may have added their own to the card.  When I received the envelope from Jeanette, it was packed full of sweet papers, fun ribbons and other embellishment---all snowy themed!  

I colored the sweet image with my Copic Sketch Markers and fussy cut the cute snowman.  I loved all of the patterned paper and wanted to showcase as much as I could, so I used two of the ones Jeanette sent.  I added the white twine over one of the sheer ribbons, on the plaid panel.   I then added some of the fun glimmer snowflakes over the snowman's body! This was fun card to make and I do think the image and the added items work well together!





Here is the inside of my card with a strip of the fun patterned paper:




I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my card this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted this month for our first challenge--a mash up with a snow theme.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blog, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   

We will be back in February with the kit Darlene is sending us.  Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what fun she has planned!


Image/Sentiment: Creative Vision Stamps Snowman with Broom-large

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White;  Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana; Snowflake and Plaid Patterned Paper

Ink:   Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Pink Rhinestones; White Twine and Sheer Ribbon; Glimmer Snowflakes; 

5 comments:

Tracie said...

What a fun card Barb. I love the snowflakes on the snowman. Great colors to work with. Thanks for a great challenge this month.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, THANK YOU for helping to keep this group going and for all you've done with the plans and this first round as the Creative Crew! That snowman is just way too fun... and your card is adorable! You definitely got creative - I love the way you used the snowflakes!

Darlene LeTavec said...

CUTE! I love how you added the sequin snowflakes to the snowman! Your colors are so pretty. Thanks for such an adorable image this round!

Carol W said...

Barb I think your card is adorable and thank you for the cute image. I know you didn't but it looks like you and Jeanette coordinated. Fun theme great idea for your kits. Great job.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love that you have kept this card basically monochrome Barb - great use of the image and embellishments with a fabulous result
Blessings
Maxine