Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Double Duty Sentiment

 


Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 26th month, so we are now in our new year, #3


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For February, we are doing something a bit different.  We were to pick one sentiment stamp from any company and use that on two different cards.  I picked an older stamp from Verses called Abraham Lincoln Quote--it is one of my favorites! 


For the first card, I use a Taylored Expressions Masking Stencil--Circles. I ink blended with Tim Holtz Distress Oxides in Picked Raspberry, Kitsch Flamingo and Candied Apple.  I stamped the sentiment in the middle of the circle.  I then cut the panel with my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 and backed it with black.  I added some clear bling over some of the inked area.  





For the second card, I went with more of  a fun and playful theme--primary colors too!  I stamped the sentiment and die cut it with a Spellbinders Nestabilities Curved  Rectangle Die.  The Happy Birthday-Birthday Candles background paper is fun and I some flagged banners with the Stampin' Up Banner Dies.   I added some yellow enamel dots as the final touch.  





Both cards are very different, but I used dies on both and added bling to both.  





I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards. Here is a link to Jeanette'sDarlene’s  and  Carol's blogs.   I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  

Next month the company we are using is Colorado Craft Company.  So be sure to check out our cards on the 22nd!  


Image/Sentiment:  Verses Rubber Stamps Abraham Lincoln Quote

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Daffodil Delight; Happy Birthday-Birthday Candles Patterned Paper

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black; Tim Holtz Distress Oxides Candied Apple, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Banner Dies; Taylored Expressions Masking Circles Stencils; Yellow Enamel Dots; Spellbinders Nestabilities Curved Rectangle Dies; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; Clear Bling

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I love the sentiment stamp you used... and it looks fabulous on both cards!

Darlene LeTavec said...

What a fantastic sentiment! I love both versions. The white with the pretty blend of colors really draws attention to the quote.
The dramatic primary colors and layout of the other card has the same effect - brilliant!

kiwimeskreations said...

A pair of fabulous cards Barb - so different and yet three elements in common - well done
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Both your cards are wonderful Barb. I love the quote as well and it is so true