Sunday, February 12, 2023

Sweeter Than Honey!

 


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.   This is card number 45, so we are into year #4. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I picked a fun stencil, a few tubs of gold "paste" and a sweet die set.  The stencil is from The Rabbit Hole Designs and is called Tastes Like Honey!  I used two different shades of gold paste over the stencil.  The smaller top hexagons have Decofoil Champagne Mist Metallix Gel and the lower part has Bo Bunny Gold Stencil Paste.  There is quite a bit of sparkle on my card.  The bee dies are from Impression Obsession and are called Honey Bee Dies.  The sentiment is from a die set by The Paper Cut called Sweeter than Honey--it is layered three times for dimension.  I did cut all of these from The Paper Cut's Gold Mirricard. No additional embellishments were needed!



I really like the look of my card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like it too!  Here are the links to the other somewhat messy crafters:   Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on February 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  The Paper Cut Sweet Than Honey Die/Impression Obsession Honey Bee Dies

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Gold Mirricard, 100# Cougar Opaque White

Ink:  Bo Bunny Gold Stencil Paste; Decofoil Champagne Mist Metallix Gel

Accessories:   The Rabbit Hole Designs Tastes Like Honey Stencil

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is BEE-utiful! I really like the way the honeycomb fades out toward the top. Well done!

Carol W said...

Barb this card is wonderful. I love how the gold fades out towards the top of the card. I also love the little embellishments you used. They are perfect for this card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done Barb - loving this wonderful, textural card - you and Jeanette must have been 'channelling' as you both used bees and honeycomb in your cards
Blessings
Maxine