Monday, February 27, 2023

The Paper Cut Card Kits




Today is the second to the last day of February and I am posting a set of cards for our newer challenge--Catch-up Club!  A few of my SCS and stamping friends, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry along with myself, have signed up for a number of virtual stamping events in the past 2 1/2 years.  One of the benefits of these events are that they are available to rewatch or even watch for the first time at a later date as they are all recorded. The 4 of us "try" to watch live and chat by texting during the event.  But, life steps in and there are times when one or more of us are not participating during the live.  Then, the kits from sponsors sits in our stamping area until we are ready to watch the video and create.  During one of the events, we decided we needed to push ourselves (and each other) to get some of these events done!   So--we all decided to devote one day a month, the last day of the month for the procrastinators that we are, to post cards we missed making.  However, I am posting today as I have my Challenge Your Stash post tomorrow, on the 28th.  February is sure a short month!  They could be from a virtual event or maybe another challenge that was missed.   So--here we are in our 4th month of The Catch Up Club!

These are sets of cards from two of the classes that Sarah, from The Paper Cut in Appleton, WI, has taught in the past few years.  Sarah does such a great job as a teacher and all of her card kits are so fun.  She uses many kinds of sparkle and shine along with fun folds along with action cards.  

The 6 cards below are Oval Window Overlay cards. I think I got the card kit package during one of the sales of "parts and pieces".  Some parts may be stamped and other things not.  There may be additional pieces in some of the parts.   I stenciled gray ink on the overlay and added a strip of shiny silver that looks like tire tracks.  The hip hip hooray is stamped on vellum and the car on glittery silver cardstock.

 


These 2 cards cards were from a birthday card class.  The card on the left is a magic card--pull the tab and the black and white acetate turns to a color image!  The card on the right is a lever card. The pull tab lifts the image and shows the sentiment underneath along with one on the pull. There is another fun  sentiment inside of the pink card base!




I still have many more card kits--some parts and pieces too,  in zippered bags, just waiting for me.  I took a number of the bags to the retreat I attended 2 weeks ago and also to Camp Stamp-in-Oga last week.  I have another retreat the first weekend in April and will take more with me.  They are easy to pack for a retreat or crop as most items are in the kit and it is ready to go!

I hope you enjoyed my cards!  Here are the links to the other of the Catch Up Club.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry's, and Darlene's blogs.  They may post today or tomorrow, but we have all promised to post cards that was have missed the making along the way!


Image/Sentiment:  The Paper Cut Cards Kits

Cardstock:  All provided in the kit

Ink:  Hero Ats Intense Black; 

Accessories:  All included in each kit

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, you've done an outstanding job with these cards. I'm glad you made them for Catch Up day. You are an inspiration!