Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Painted Florals


This is my February Crafters of Faith card.  This is a sweet group on SCS that Faye hosts.  I am actually the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:


Scripture:  Thessalonians 5:11 “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”

Challenge: Make a card or project to pass on to a friend


I recently organized all of my Pinkfresh Studio items and discovered a very large roll of washi tape--like 6" wide!  None of my other rolls are that wide, so I thought if might be an older roll.  I did not find a coordinating die set so I reached out to my friend Lea who works for PFS and she told me of two dies that would work.  I did have one.  She also said it is an older roll and many had said it is very hard to unroll as it tears easily.  That is also one of the reasons they then went to smaller, 4" rolls.  Yes, it was very hard to work with but since I was on a mission, I did adhere all of the large floral clusters shown on my card to cardstock and will be ready to go for future cards. Lea also said that it seems once their washi gets exposed to air, it also might be hard to unroll--so get those rolls out and attach them to cardstock!

The name of the Pinkfresh Studio washi tape is Painted Florals and it coordinates with the die and stamp set called Floral Clusters. I really like the colors in the washi tape.  I die cut a scalloped edge panel from a MFT Blueprints 27 and layered on a card base.  The Hello die is from Spellbinders and I layered 2 white on one gold layer.  I added some white enamel dots for the final touch!





I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too!  

Image/Sentiment:  Pinkfresh Studio Painted Florals Washi Tape, Floral Clusters Die; Spellbinders Bold Type Hello Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White, Gold Mirricard

Ink:  None

Accessories:  My Favorite Things--MFT Blueprints 27 die; White Enamel Dots

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so pretty... I love the bouquet you created. You also shared some valuable information about the Washi Tape. Thank you!

kiwimeskreations said...

So glad you found and used this tape Barb, as the result is an amazing and beautiful card
Blessings
Maxine