Friday, October 9, 2020

Treasure Map Challenge!


It is time for another The Three Musketeers post. We are ready to showcase the card we all created with the fun image that Kelly sent for October--for Card #74!  That means we have started year #6--can you believe that?  All three of us sure have enjoyed the challenges every month and we hope that it continues for a long time!  I is up next for the November challenge-I bet get my thinking cap on about the next image!  Be sure to come back to see what we create!  


For our card this month, Kelly sent us this huge image from Taylored Expressions called Treasure Map Background.  It is a very fun image--and Kelly also told us no other stamp could be used.  She did not say we could use a die cut......

I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers. Then--how to mount it?  Hummmmm--it is a treasure map and many times they are a bit torn-so that is what I did.  I knew I needed something additional on the map and knew I had a fun set of Tim Holtz dies called Seek-Explore Shadow Script 3.  I picked the word Wander and the matching shadow to highlight what this map might be used for!  And, I do hope X marks the spot of the treasure!!!!!   I hope Jeanette and Kelly along with you enjoy my card!


Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of map washi tape:



Please check out the other Musketeer's cards.  Here is the link to Jeanette's blog along with Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards!  They may post today or tomorrow, so be sure to check out their blogs for their card!   As I mentioned, I am up for our November challenge.  Please be sure to join us again.  


Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Treasure Map Background

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Crumb Cake

Ink: Ranger Archival Ink-Jet Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Sizzix Tim Holtz Seek-Explore Shadow Script #3




6 comments:

Lisa K said...

This is so fun! Love your card. All three cards are awesome!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is perfect! I love the Wander die - it goes so well with the treasure map.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Barb - great colouring, and the word 'wander' is a great choice
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

How fun this is! I love the torn edges - very creative! And sensational coloring! Thank you for embracing the fun stamp and I hope you have a great time at camp today!!

Margaret said...

Cute card. Looks like a fun image to work with.

Carol W said...

fun fun fun card Barb.