Thursday, October 15, 2020

Dueling Darlings


It is the 15
th of the month and that means I am showing you a new Dueling Darlings card. We are in our 10th year of these duels as we started in August of 2010-so awesome!  
For our October Challenge, Laura Jean and Terry  are the hostesses. Terry is a Dazzler and Laura Jean is a Diva--same as me!   And we are all Dueling Darlings!  

The theme for October is Halloween!  LJ sent us this fun image from Taylored Expressions called Mischief Maker Lil' Pumpkin. I colored this little cutie with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I layered it over three of the fun  patterned papers from Doodlebug Designs that LJ sent along.   I added a strip of the orange ribbon, some purple sequins and an epoxy pumpkin as my embellishments.  This was fun card kit to make up and I hope the other Darlings think so too!  



Here is the inside of my card, with one of the sentiments LJ included:


I hope all of the Darlings enjoy my card this month. Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Divas as well the Dazzlers have created this month.  Shelly and Carol are the hostesses for November.  Please be sure to check back next month.

There are a few members who do not have blogs: Suzy and LJ who are on the Diva team and Debby and 
Terry S who are Dazzlers. You will be able to check out their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.  All of the others should be found on my left sidebar.  I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!

Image/Sentiment: Taylored Expressions Mischief Lil' Pumpkin

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie; Doodlebug Designs Candy Carnival Patterned Paper

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Orange Ribbon; Purple Sequins; Epoxy Pumpkin




9 comments:

terry serman said...

This is so cute! Love the little pumpkin on the inside.

MiamiKel said...

Perfect little pumpkin patch card! Delgihtful design, Barb!

Suzy Sprague said...

Adorable card, Barb! I like the different layers of paper. A very sweet card!

Tracie said...

Such a sweet card. I love the image. Great job on the challenge this month.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so cute from the fabulously colored image to the great design inside, too.

Judy McMullen said...

Great card, Barb! Love the design and how you used patterned paper and the embellishment in your card both on the front and inside!!

Carol W said...

Great card Barb. I love the layout and dsp you used as well as the way you used the embellishments on both the front and on the inside. Well done.

Shelly Schmidt said...

So darling! I love your sweet pumpkin girl- and the fun DP's too. Great card and a fun Duel!

Darlene LeTavec said...

What an adorable card! I really like your layers, and how you coordinate it all so that they accent, not detract, from the image! She is perfectly colored and just dang cute!