Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Hot Mess = Success


Today it is time for another Hot Mess card and this is card number 15. We are now into year #2. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th--but mine is a day late.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.



For this month's messiness,  I duplicated or CASE'd a card I made on Saturday during the Taylored Expressions Stamp Joy event.  It was a virtual make 'n take and we made 10 cards. I also took Friday's class and made an additional 4 cards. It was an awesome time and so fun.  I used my TE blender brushes on most cards and also I bought many of the TE ink cubes and love the colors. 

For this card, I first used Pixie Spray on the back of a new stencil we received in our kit called 6x6 Designer Masking Stencil.  I placed it over a piece of white cardstock, lining up the placement guides.  I then blended two colors--Lime Zest and Cookie Monster over the entire area.  Then, leaving the stencil in place, I moved it to my Misti and inked up one of the fun background stamps also in our kit--Full of Flowers with black ink.  Before stamping, I placed the middle rectangle back into the stencil, which is where the sentiment would go.   I then stamped the background a few times to get good coverage. After removing the stencil, I picked one of the sentiments from this weekend and added some touches of white gel pen on the leaves and flowers.  A few clear drops from Studio Katia are the final touch!



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip trimmed from an earlier mistake!


Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs.  Be sure to check back to their post from yesterday as that was the 12th!  I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   We will all be back each month, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on November 12th--I hope to be on time!

Image/Sentiment: Taylored Expressions Full of flowers/Brighter Skies

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White; Stampin' Up Basic Black

Ink:  Taylored Expressions Lime Zest, Cookie Monster; Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes, 6x6 Designer Masking Stencil; Studio Katia Clear Drops; White Gel Pen




4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this card is gorgeous! I love that you used supplies and techniques from your virtual event!

Carol W said...

Wow Barb, what a pretty soft card. I love the mixture of the colors and the inside really highlights the pretty blend. Your card is classy as well. Great job this month on the "messy card"....it is really beautiful.

MiamiKel said...

Barb this is superb! I love the colors most of all and it looks like you had a really fun time in this class! What a fun messy October!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Barb - love your beautiful blending of the inks, and the fabulous stamping through the stencil is stunning
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine