Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Threes and Fives!


Today is the third Wednesday of the month and this is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 Musketeers--Kelly, Jeanette and me--are back with another challenge for October, our 42nd month!  That means we are well into our 4th year--YAY!



Jeanette provided this challenge: October is the month that two members of our trio celebrate birthdays. It seems fitting that we in some way incorporate that into our RSG theme… but it’s NOT a birthday theme. Instead, I’m challenging us to think of the card in thirds – and two-thirds of it needs to be the focal area. (There are lots of ways to process that idea, so let your imagination flow!)

 

BUT… there’s more! We don’t want to leave the other part of our trio out, and since her birthday is 5 months away, I also want you to add FIVE of something on your card (think embellishments, layers, or whatever).

 

Ready, Set, Go!


For my card, I first thought of the three theme and layered three patterns of Taylored Expressions Playful Patterns-Black and White-in thirds.  Then-I picked a Taylored Expressions stamp set called Gus and Gertie.  We used these two stamps two weeks ago during the Stamp Joy virtual event, and I knew I needed the full set-so I ordered!  I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and added the fun sentiment.  Gus and Gertie were then layered over the left two thirds and 5 Gina K Designs Dazzling Diamond Rhinestones were added to the right 1/3 panel.  And, there are also 5 layers of paper on the card.  What a fun and creative theme Jeanette!


Here is the inside of my card:



Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. Kelly is up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in November! 

Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Gus & Gertie

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White; Stampin' Up Basic Black; Taylored Expressions Playful Patterns Black & White Patterned Paper

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Gina K Designs Dazzling Diamond Rhinestones




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Barb... this is delightfully fun! Love love LOVE the image and how you embraced my theme! Thanks for doing a superb job!

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW Barb this is amazing - stunning use of your black and white theme, as well as well as meeting the challenge criteria. Such a cute image panel too.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine