Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Wonder Women!


Today is third Wednesday of the month and this is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 Musketeers--Kelly, Jeanette and me--are back with another challenge for December-our 31st month!  That means we are well into our third year--YAY!



I provided the challenge for December: In 1976, on December 18th, ABC debuted a new series called Wonder Woman.  Each of us are Wonder Women—in our own individual and unique ways.  The challenge is to make a card or project that you feel depicts how you see one of the other of our trio is a Wonder Woman.  I went alphabetically:

Barb will make a card/project that highlights Jeanette
Jeanette will make a card/project that showcases Kelly
Kelly will make a card/project that portrays Barb
Ready? Set? Go!

I thought for a bit about this challenge and knew exactly what I wanted to highlight about Jeanette--Christmas and her love of the Blessed Season of the birth of baby Jesus.  Jeanette loves to decorate for the holidays though she will admit at times she feels the pressure to do so!  She has now picked up a part time job and that has taken her away from her house during this busy season.  I am sure her house is beautiful and she has numerous trees that twinkle and shine!  

I used a retired Stampin' Up image called Prince of Peace and die cut the image and background with the Stampin' Up Deco Label Dies.  The background is patterned paper from Teresa Collins called Snowflakes from the Christmas Cottage line.  A few glimmer enamel dots add a bit of shine.  Jeanette is a Wonder Woman in this time of Wonder!



Here is the inside of my card.


Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card.  Jeanette is up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in January!  

Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Prince of Peace

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Recollections 110# Ivory; Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler; Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage-Snowflakes Patterned Paper

Ink: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Garden Green Thick Twine, Deco Labels Dies; Kraft Enamel Dots



3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Barb... what a gorgeous card. AND such sweet words about me, too. THANK YOU! Your friendship is one of my greatest joys!

MiamiKel said...

Yes yes and yes! Our Jeanette is all of these things and more! I always think of the forest of trees (and also Smokey the bear when I see those signs) and you've created a card of true wonder! I love the classic and elegant look to your card and the richness of the colors! Awesome sentiment stamp - such a vision as a focal point! Your card are always so crisp and clean - and your words of kindess for Jeanette just reflect the beauty in your soul! Such a joy to be amdist the two of you talented wonderful ladies! What a great concluding RSG for 2019! Onward to great things in 2020!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Barb, I do love your tribute to Jeanette - what a wonder woman she is, with her wonderful faith that she lives so openly! Such an appropriate card for her!
Blessings
Maxine