Thursday, July 15, 2021

Have a Magical Day!




Today is the 15th and the day we post our card for our group, the Crafty Card Ladies!   The team names are the Pearls and the Diamonds--very Classy names for us!   For our July Challenge, Kelly is the hostess for the Diamonds and Jeanette is the hostess for the Pearls.  They are our fearless leaders!  I am a member of the Diamonds group.  And we are all team Classy Card Ladies!  

The theme for July is Clouds!  This fun kit that Kelly sent included the sweet CC Designs image called Unicorn and Rainbow, along with some of the coordinating sweet sentiments.   She also include some awesome cloud and rainbow patterned paper, some fun ribbons and pretty embellishments. 

I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I die cut the image from CottageCutz Single Stitched Ovals. I picked three of the fun patterned papers for the base layer and made three strips. I then added some of the fun rainbow Ric Rac between each of the patterns.  I picked one of the sweet sentiments and added it to the corner.   I added some of the sweet enamel dots in rainbow colors.  This was fun card to make!

Kelly also asked us to share a cloud story.  I love looking at the clouds and many times we see what shapes are visible.  We have a large deck on our house and many times will sit and look at the clouds all around us.  We can see clouds that are to the east and are over Lake Michigan--they are the coolest clouds!




Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the fun rainbow patterned paper:





I hope all of the Classy Card Ladies enjoy my card this month. Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Diamonds as well the Pearls have created this month.  There are two members who do not have blogs: Suzy who is on the Diamond team and Debby who is a Pearl. You will be able to check out their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.  All of the others should be found on my left sidebar.  I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!  See you next month in August when Suzy and Debby are the hostesses!

Image/Sentiment:  CC Designs Unicorn and Rainbow Stamp Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Lawn Fawn 110# White; Stampin' Up Night of Navy; Assorted Cloud and Rainbow Patterned Paper

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Rainbow Enamel Dots; CottageCutz Single Stitched Ovals; Rainbow Ric Rac




7 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is absolutely adorable! Your coloring of the sweet image is perfect, as is your design! I also loved reading about the gorgeous clouds you can see from your deck. Sounds awesome!

Tracie said...

Such a sweet card. I love the papers and such an adorable image.

MiamiKel said...

My heart gets happy when I see all the schtuff used in the kit and you have a lot on here! WOW! Colored to perfection, my friend and love the front and inside and just ALL of it! I love that you have a new fancy deck to see those clouds :) Big squishy cloud hugs!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Your color scheme is so darn nice! It really shows off the rainbow colors in the rick-rack and on the inside. Love how richly her hair is colored. Those little colored enamel dots also seem magical, like bubbles from a potion...Anyway, it's a great card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully created and beautifully colored! Love this sweet image and the fun use of the ric rac and the rainbows on the inside too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous card Barb - love the way you used the ric rac between the layers of paper
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Wonderful card Barb. I love the layout and I love how you used your kit. I love how you used your zig zag ribbon. Great job all around. I love that you watch the clouds from your deck. Awesome.