Saturday, July 10, 2021

Stamp What?



Today is the 10th and the day we are to post our Stamp What? challenge with the three collaborators you have seen many times in the past--Kelly, Jeanette and me! We started this in January of 2020, so we are now into our second year of this fun challenge.  Kelly came up with the challenge to randomly pick a Stampin' Up set and make a card with that set.  Get the dust off of those forgotten Stampin' Up sets! 

I decided when this group challenge started to only use the wooden Stampin' Up stamps that are on my bottom shelves.  So this month, I randomly picked the Kind and Caring Thoughts set!  There is not a year on this set, but I am sure it is more than 10 years old--and it is still one of my favorite stamp sets to use!

I picked a background that is in my basket that I made in some virtual class this past year.  I cannot remember which class or exactly how it was made--I probably should be writing some notes on these so I can recreate.  I know I used a embossing folder and then scored some lines across and horizontally--like planks of wood.  I think I used Distress Inks on it too.  I stamped the main image in Marina Mist and the sentiment is in Night of Navy.   A few white pearls complete the card.  



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of washi tape:



I like the look of my card this month and I hope you do too.  Be sure to check out Jeanette and Kelly's cards.  I am sure they have some fun cards with those "oldies but goodies" stamp sets by Stampin' Up!  And be sure to check back every month on the 10th to see what we create!  

Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Kind and Caring Thought

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Marina Mist

Ink:  Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Marina Mist; Tim Holtz Distress Inks on Background

Accessories:  Embossing Folder; White Pearls




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this looks fabulous! Gorgeous stamp and yes… you should take notes so you can recreate what you learn in class because the background piece is pretty awesome!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lovely card. I have this stamp too.

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful image Barb, and it looks so good against the soft, textured background.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine