Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Hey There



This is my July Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS.  She hosted for 5 years and now Faith has taken over for year #6. We will continue as we have in the past with each month a new hostess gives us a scripture and challenges us to make a card with that theme.  I am the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:


Scripture:  Isaiah 40:31 But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Challenge: please make a card that highlights anything with wings--you decide what you want to showcase.

I have gathered  few butterfly stamps lately and this is a fun stamp and stencil from Taylored Expressions. The set is called Butterflies.  The background uses a stamp for the body of the butterfly and then two stencils for the wings.  I used my TE brushes and Mulled Wine and Pink Champagne ink cubes. I then die cut the background and layer with my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2.  The sentiment is from the stamp and die set called Hey There, also from TE.   I added some TE Clear Drip Drops on the card.  I really like the look of this card! 



Here is the inside of my card:



I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! 

Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Butterflies Stamp/Stencil, Hey There Stamp/Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Merry Merlot, Flirty Flamingo

Ink:  Simon Says Stamp Intense Black; Taylored Expressions Mulled Wine, Pink Champagne

Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Clear Drip Drops; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is so pretty - loving all of the butterflies! Fabulous color scheme and bold sentiment, too!

bensarmom said...

Barb,
I love your color choices and the fact that you did butterflies. I did them also. Thank you for your verse this month. Your card is so pretty.

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous colours on this delightful card Barb... a fascinating background
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine