Saturday, July 24, 2021

Ready-Set-GO! Delayed!



Today is NOT the third Wednesday of the month--BUT this is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! I messed up this month and went up north for a few days and did not make my blog post.  Cards were done--just not posted.  But--I am here now!  The 3 of us, Kelly, Jeanette and me, are back with another challenge for July, our 51st month!  That means we are into year #5 for us-WOW!



Kelly provided the challenge for us this month: Cut It Out!  

I don't know about y'all but that was a popular saying in my house growing up!  My mom was constantly telling my brother and I to knock it off or cut it out!  So your challenge is to use that phrase, literally! 

Your July RSG challenge:  Create a card or project with 'cutting it out' as the main focus.  You can be as creative as you like!  You can use a simple die like an oval or get fancy schmancy and REALLY cut up your card - it's up to you!  BUT! Because we are 3 and we 3 like being 3, you must use at least 3 cuts on your card! I will leave it up to you how you interpret where those cuts will be :)  Everything else is as you wish - colors, theme, etc!

I hope you have fun with the theme. Ready Set Go! 


I went with a fun Birch Press Designs trio of dies called Fiori Plate Blueprint Craft Dies. Each panel was cut with a different color of cardstock. The bottom was White, the middle is Pink Pirouette and the top is Pink Mirricard. The card base is a silver sparkle cardstock. The die cut is a newer fun die set from Concord & 9th called Everyday Sayings--love the boldness! This was also cut from white cardstock and layered three times for added dimension.  


So--my three's are 3 layers of Birch Press Blueprint Dies along with 3 layers of the word HI.





Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of washi tape:



Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  Remember--they probably did post on the scheduled date of the 21st so be sure to look back........   I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. I am up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in August.

Image/Sentiment:  Concord & 9th Everyday Sayings Die Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White. Pink Mirricard, Silver Sparkle Cardstock;  Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette; 

Ink:  None

Accessories:   Birch Press Fiori Plate Blueprint Craft Dies




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! The many layers of the cover die make for some great dimension and vibrancy. Gorgeous card, Barb!

kiwimeskreations said...

Absolutely stunning Barb - what an amazing 'take' on the challenge - love it!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine