Saturday, July 3, 2021

Thank You!


This is my One Plus Twelve card for July. This was the brainchild of Kelly and she asked Jeanette and me to join her in this challenge in 2019. We are to use just one stamp, to make a card every month and post on the 3rd of each month.  It was so much fun that the three of decided to continue for our third year and pick a new image to use.

For 2021, I picked a Gina K Designs set called Thankful Greenery.  I think this set is so pretty and I can see in my mind many ways that I can use this image.  Plus--I will have 12 thank you cards at the end of the year!

For this month's card, I embossed the image with white embossing powder on Basic Black.  I then colored the leaves and flowers with my Derwent Intense Ink Pencils.   These pencils are typically used with watercoloring, but I love the bold colors over the embossed image. The added sentiment is from the same stamp set. The background is a We R Memory Keepers embossing folder called Geometric for some added dimension. 



Here is the inside of my card:



Please be sure to check out the other One plus Twelve cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog. I am sure you will enjoy checking out what stamp set each of them picked for 2021 and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card and that you might too! Be sure to check back every month on the 3rd to see our cards!

Image/Sentiment: Gina K Designs Thankful Greenery

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Basic Black, Garden Green; Gina K Designs Lemon Drop

Ink:  Versamark; Lawn Fawn White Detail Embossing Powder

Accessories:  Derwent Intense Ink Pencils; We R Memory Keepers Geometric Embossing Folder




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This looks fabulous, Barb... the white embossing and vibrant coloring really pops against the black. Very pretty!

Jennifrann said...

Love the white on black, Barb! Looks great!

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving this in the white on black Barb, and the touch of colour is perfect
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine