Saturday, August 7, 2021

Call Me Over!



This is my August Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS.  She hosted for 5 years and now Faith has taken over for year #6. We will continue as we have in the past with each month a new hostess gives us a scripture and challenges us to make a card with that theme.  Lisa is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:


Scripture:  Psalm 118:24 This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Challenge: We can use the verse for inspiration to make a happy card or an encouragement card.

I thought this month would be a fun one to use this cute stamp and sentiment.  I think it is an encouragement card--how about you?  I inked up my Unity Jillibean Soup image called When Life Gives You Limes and colored it with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I added a bit of a new product to me--Hero Arts Sparkle Clear Lacquer Pen on the rim--salt or sugar!  I  fussy cut the glass and layered it over the stamped sentiment.  The background paper is from Reminisce called Cocktails and Dreams--I love the shimmer of this paper.  I also added a layer of Silver Glitter cardstock from The Paper Cut for more sparkle!   I added some TE Clear Drip Drops on the card.  I really like the look of this card! 



I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! 

Image/Sentiment:  Unity Jillibean Soup When Life Gives You Limes/The Rubber Cottage Call Me Over

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White, Silver Glitter; Stampin' Up Tangerine Tango, Baja Blue; Reminisce Cocktails & Dreams

Ink:  Simon Says Stamp Intense Black; 

Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Clear Drip Drops; Copic Sketch Markers; Hero Arts Sparkle Clear Lacquer Pen; 




1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so creative and humorous.