Sunday, August 15, 2021

The Wild, Wild West



Today is the 15th and the day we post our card for our group, the Crafty Card Ladies!   The team names are the Pearls and the Diamonds--very Classy names for us!   For our August Challenge, Suzy is the hostess for the Diamonds and her sister Debby is the hostess for the Pearls.  I am a member of the Diamonds group.  And we are all team Classy Card Ladies!  

The theme for August is The Wild, Wild West!  This fun kit that Suzy sent included this funny Cowboy Cat image from The Graphic Word along with some of the coordinating sweet sentiments-I did not use one.   She also include some awesome patterned paper, some fun ribbons and pretty embellishments. 

I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I layered the image and used two of the fun patterned papers for a circle and rectangle layer, cut with Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 and 3--and layered with a piece of colored cardstock.  The background is a piece of the wood plank patterned paper.   I then added some of the fun linen trim behind the image in the circle--think Lasso!  I added some of the sweet enamel dots that Suzy included.  This was fun card to make!



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the fun plank patterned paper:




I hope all of the Classy Card Ladies enjoy my card this month. Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Diamonds as well the Pearls have created this month.  There are two members who do not have blogs: Suzy who is on the Diamond team and Debby who is a Pearl. You will be able to check out their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.  All of the others should be found on my left sidebar.  I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!  See you next month in September when Tracie and I am the hostesses!

Image/Sentiment: The Graphic Word Cowboy Cat

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Early Espresso; Authentique Aged Leather; The Paper Studio Dark Denim and Light Wood

Ink:  Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Brown Enamel Dots; Stampin' UP Braided Linen Trim; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 & 3




8 comments:

Tracie said...

I just love your card with that adorable image and perfect papers for the image.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is the first I've seen of the Diamonds and I must say I cracked up when I saw the image. That cat seems to have some attitude. LOL! Fun design with your use of the plank paper and twine and so much more. Great job!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card with your Wild West kitty! Adorable image and such a fun card!!! Great August Duel!

Carol W said...

Barb, what a wonderful card both inside and out. Love the layout you chose and the DSP you chose from the kit to use as well. Great job on this kit.

Darlene LeTavec said...

Love the Lasso!! Great layout - I need to bust out my Gina K Master Layouts and give them a try. Now that I'm inspired by your work! You really nailed the boots. They're the perfect color!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love love love this Barb - a great image and a fabulous way you have mounted it to make a wonderful card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Suzy Sprague said...

Cute card! I like how many papers you were able to use.

MiamiKel said...

Cuuuuuuuuuute! Youve colored the kitty to look like the one I feed out front! Love this sweet card design - you are rocking them lately! KUTGW!