Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Sending Big Hugs




This is my August card for the monthly themed swap that Terry is hosting on SCS. Each month she will post a theme and we make cards using any stamp set we believe follows that thought. This is our 63rd month and the theme for August is "Shine on--use a metallic accent".  

I have not used this new die from Lawn Fawn called Giant Sending Big Hugs and thought it was perfect for this theme.  I die cut it from The Paper Cut Festive Metallic cardstock and layered three times. The background is a very fun pattern from Stampin' Up's See A Silhouette Designer Series Paper Pack. I added a few Taylored Expression Gold Drip Drops as the final touch and another metallic accent.  I think this is a fun card.



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the patterned paper.




I hope Terry and the others swappers like my card this month too! Terry has already posted the September theme and the ones for the rest of the year.  Be sure to come back in to see what we create!  

Image/Sentiment: Lawn Fawn Giant Sending Big Hugs Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Festive Metallic;  Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Night of Navy, See a Silhouette Designer Series Paper

Ink:  None

Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Gold Drip Drops




2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this vibrant card- the background is wonderful- and love that big diecut!!!

Carol W said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card. It is perfect both inside and out. You did an amazing job.