Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Alex's Florals

 


Today is the 9th and it is now time for another The Three Musketeers post. We are ready to showcase the card we all created with the Magnolia Stellata image from Crackerbox Stamps that Jeanette sent out for our May card, #105! That means we are in the middle of year number 7 with this fun challenge! All three of us sure have enjoyed the challenges every month and we hope that it continues for a long time! 




There is a bit of a story behind this pretty image!  This image was designed by a guy named Alex for Crackerbox Stamps and he lives in Ukraine.  He had to leave his house one morning after a nearby explosion and he now lives in a small apartment.  He drew the flowers in the recent release by Crackerbox and the company is donating all of the profits from the sales in April to Alex.  Because of this story and the beautiful image Jeanette sent, I too bought some of these stamps in April.  And, as a side note, they are based less than an hour from my house!  

I colored the die cut image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  For the front panel, I cut an oval from a piece of white with a Gina Marie Designs Oval Peekaboo die.  I then die cut the panel with Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 to get the stitching around the edge.  And, finally, I embossed the panel with a Simon Says Stamp folder called Magnetic 3-D.  I then popped up the panel over the colored image for the look of a frame.  The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp Sentiment set and was die cut with a banner from Gina K Designs.  The entire panel was layered on Certainly Celery and then a white card base, that was embossed with one of my favorite Stampin' Up embossing folders called Subtle Dynamic.  I love the bit of texture it gives to the base. I then added some clear bling around the image and they pick up the colors of the image.   I hope Jeanette and Kelly along with you enjoy my card!




Please check out the other Musketeer's cards.  Here is the link to Jeanette's blog along with Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards!  Please be sure to check back a few days on their blogs as my card is late. Kelly is up for our June challenge--please be sure to join us again. 


Image/Sentiment:  Crackerbox Stamps Magnolia Stellata/Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Package

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Spectrum Noir 100# Ultra Smooth Premium White; Stampin' Up Certainly Celery

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black  

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; Gina Marie Designs Oval Peekaboo Die; Simon Says Stamp Magnetic 3-D Embossing Folder; Stampin' Up Subtle Embossing Folder;   Clear Bling

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is gorgeous! I love how you inlaid the beautifully colored image with that amazing textured piece surrounding it. Stunning!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is exquisite Barb - a beautiful card. The contrast of the shape of the blooms and the angular embossing is so dramatic.
Blessings
Maxine