Friday, May 12, 2023

Thankful

 


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.   This is card number 48, so we are at the end of year #4. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I went with my Newton's Nook Basketweave Stencil.  I put a layer of Snowdrop White Paper Glaze from Picket Fence Studio on a piece of black cardstock.  After it dried, I put the stencil back on the top and then brushed blended some inks on the top.  I used Gina K Designs ink cubes in Red Velvet, Sweet Mango and Wild Dandelion.  I like that you still can see the black behind the basketweave.  I die cut the panel with my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2--my absolute favorite die to use for a card front panel. I added a white layer behind the embossed panel, cut with the same die set.  I layered on a black notecard.  I then die cut Thankful from my Simon Says Stamp Thankful For You die set three times from black and placed it on the backer cut from white.   The sentiment is from a Gina K Designs Sentiment strip.  I added some Trinity Stamps Midnight Ball embellishments around the card!




I really like the look of my card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like it too!  Here are the links to the other somewhat messy crafters:   Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on June 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  Simon Says Stamp Thankful For You Die set and Gina K Designs Sentiment Strip

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Basic Black; The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White

Ink:  Gina K Designs Red Velvet, Sweet Mango, Wild Dandelion

Accessories:   Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; Picket Fence Paper Glaze-Snowdrift White; Newton's Nook Basket Weave Stencil; Trinity Stamps Midnight Ball Embellishments; 

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, the way you used the basketweave stencil is so bold and beautiful! Very impressive card!

Darlene LeTavec said...

This is so great, Barb! That basket weave stencil is really striking and I agree, the inks on top and the black showing in the background is very nice. This is truly a success!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful result of your 'messy' crafting Barb - love the subtle colour on the basket weave. A stunning and dramatic card
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Wow Barb this card is amazing. I love it. So classy.