Monday, May 22, 2023

Big Grumpy Cat


Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 29th month, so we are now in year #3


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For May, the company we showcasing is Taylored Expressions.  This is a favorite company of all of us. I have attended Stamp Joy events in Des Moines the past two years and plan to go again in October.  I have also participated in their virtual events that started during Covid and have continued to be held in the spring.  Taylor has also had classes in some of the other virtual events that have been held.

The stamp set I picked is an older one called Big Grumpy Cat.  It also comes with a matching die and 6 fun sentiments. I also have Big Grumpy and that also has some funny sentiments.  Both of the Grumpy sets make me smile.  For both cards, I stamped the image with my Hero Arts Intense Black ink and colored it with my Copic Sketch Markers. I die cut the image with the matching die. 

For the first card, I picked some fun patterned paper that highlights coffee.  The background shows some steaming mugs and I added a strip of coffee beans.  The ribbon is Early Espresso Taffeta from Stampin' Up--so appropriate!   



For the second card, the pattered paper highlights some to-go cups with cute words and phrases.  I used a Stampin' Up embossing folder called Tasteful Textile for some texture on the background panel. I added a few enamel dots on this card.




Both cards use the same Grumpy Cat image, along with the same sentiment.  They were both colored with Copic Markers.  I also used some patterned paper that highlights coffee in some form!  




I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards. Here is a link to Jeanette'sDarlene’s  and  Carol's blogs.   I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  

Next month the company we are using is Simon Says Stamp.  So be sure to check out our cards on June 22nd!  


Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Grumpy Cat Stamp Set and die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Calypso Coral, Night of Navy, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake; Perfect Blend and Pebbles Pick Me Up Patterned Paper

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Stampin' Up Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder, Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon; Enamel Dots

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I love the Grumpy Cat - such a fun set, with the variety of sayings. Your coffee-themed cards are perfect. Such a fun Double Duty post!

Jeanne H said...

Darling cards. I have Grumpy Bear and better get it out to play!

P.S. How do I join this group? I'd like to.

kiwimeskreations said...

Such fun cards Barb - Love that the coffee theme has gone through every element on the cards
Blessings
Maxine