Sunday, May 28, 2023

Easter Baskets!

 


Today is the day I am posting my card for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 77th month of de-stash, so we are in the middle of our 7th year of challenges.  I cannot believe my thought about using what we have is now 6+ years old!   I really like these challenges and know they will continue as I know I have many, many items in my stash that I can use and love the fun challenges!


The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Sharon posted our May challenge--I am thinking of how we used to make May Day baskets and put them on the porches. Weave something or put a basket on your card.

I have had this panel with the Easter baskets sitting on my desk for a bit, waiting for a sentiment to use for my church next year.  Our church has a sister church in Milwaukee and we provide Easter and Thanksgiving meals to about 25 families.  Before Covid, these "baskets of food" were delivered to each of the families.  Now, we send a grocery gift card to them and I have made cards to go with each of the gift cards.  So--I always need to be sure to have enough cards for those holidays.  

I am not sure who makes the Easter basket patterned paper, but I picked the die from Impression Obsession.   I layered the words three times and the backer was cut from Early Espresso.  It was placed on a vellum circle over the patterned paper.  No embellishments were needed.   I hope Sharon likes my basket card!

 



If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days. There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSMAY.  You might see many cards there if you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For June, Shelly is up for our challenge.  Be sure to check back to see what we create then!


Image/Sentiment: Impression Obsession Happy Easter Die

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Cool Caribbean, Velumn; Easter Basket Patterned Paper

Ink: None

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Layering Circles Die

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is an adorable Easter card with oh-so-many Easter baskets. Cute!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

A great result Barb in using up the patterned paper, and you ended up with a lovely card
Blessings
Maxine

Margaret said...

Very cute basket card. Glad you're getting a head start on next year's cards.

Tracie said...

Fun Easter card Barb. Love all the baskets in the background.