Monday, May 15, 2023

Best of the Bunch


Today is the 15th and this is my card for our The Creative Crew!  We are a group of 7 and all one team--Jeanette, Carol, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit.  This month Tracie sent us all a sweet kit.  It was perfect for Tracie's theme of May Flowers! 

Tracie sent everyone this sweet image from Avery Elle called The Best of the Bunch.  I thought it looked like a raccoon, but when I got the details from Tracie, she said it was a fox!  I had already colored one of the images that she had die cut, so I went with it.  Fox-Raccoon? You Choose!  She also included some sweet papers by Echo Park along with some flowers from the Taylored Expressions Garden Variety set.  Tracie also had some sweet bling and fibers too--a Packed Card Kit!

I colored the "animal" image with my Copic Sketch Markers and found a sweet sketch from a 2022 Sheet Load of Cards layout that was able to showcase some of the pretty papers Tracie sent. The sentiment was from the assortment Tracie sent and I thought this was a pretty card for sending smiles.   I added the twine along with various bling to the card for the added sparkle!  This was fun card to make!



Tracie also asked us to tell what our favorite flower is.  My standard answer to that question--"Whatever is Blooming in our Garden at this Time".  So, right now, I love tulips, bluebells and lilacs.   Later it will be lilies and irises.  Also hydrangea and lupines.  Later in the summer will be sunflowers.  We start seeds under grow lights in the late winter and move them to our greenhouse early in May.  Mid-May I then transplant into the pots and baskets that are on our deck and driveway.   So, we have lots of petunias and colorful coleus in the greenhouse right now. There are a few buds of petunias ready to bloom.  I then move them out to their summer location Memorial Day Weekend as the chance of frost in Wisconsin is probably gone!


I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my card this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted this month.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blog, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   

We will be back in June with the kit I will be sending out.  I do not have a theme yet, so had better start thinking!  Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what fun she has planned!


Image/Sentiment: Avery Elle Best of the Bunch

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White;  Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight, Melon Mamba,  Granny Apple Green;  Echo Park Paper New Day Patterned Paper

Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Twine; Pinkfresh Gems; Taylored Expressions Garden Variety Dies for Flowers

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so sweet! I love the checked paper behind the image. Very well done!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweetie Barb - this is a gorgeous card
Blessings
Maxine

Tracie said...

What a beautiful card. I love the white design paper for the background. I bet your yard is gorgeous with all your flowers.