Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Let's Walk Together


This is my June Crafters of Faith card.  This is a sweet group on SCS that Faye hosts.  Sharon is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:


Scripture:  Ephesians 6:11 “Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”

Challenge:  Be inspired by this verse.

I struggled a bit with the verse this month.  I then saw this beautiful stamp of trees and I thought the sentiment that was included in the set was perfect for the challenge this month.  The stamp set is from Spellbinders called Forest Silhouette.  I first ink blended the background using Taylored Expressions inks for a sunset look.  I then stamped the image with Hero Arts Intense Black Ink.  I am happy to have a Misti as I think I stamped it 4 or 5 times to get full coverage.  I stamped the sentiment with Versamark on a scrap of white and added black embossing powder.  I then fussy cut the sentiment and added foam tape behind it.  I layered the colorful panel on Stampin' Up's Mango Melody and added a black layer to the cardstock base.  No embellishments needed on this card!




I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month! We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too!  

Image/Sentiment:  Spellbinders Forest Silhouette

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Mango Melody

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; Taylored Expressions Lemon Meringue, Cherry Pop, Cotton Candy, Sweet Potato Pie; Versamark 

Accessories:   None

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I struggled with what to do with this month's verse, too - though it is a great verse! Your card is absolutely stunning!

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful ink blending Barb - it's helped make this card absolutely stunning
Blessings
Maxine