Thursday, June 15, 2023

Rainbow Bouquet of Hearts


Today is the 15th and this is my card for our The Creative Crew!  We are a group of 7 and all one team--Jeanette, Carol, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit.  This month I sent everyone a fun, floral kit.  I decided to piggy-back off of Tracie's May Flowers theme last month and use another floral image for June!

I sent everyone this sweet image from Pinkfresh Studio called Bouquet of Flowers.  It is an oldie, but goodie in my opinion!  I also included some of the sentiments from the same set along with some smaller add-on flowers. I also included some patterned papers by Stampin' Up called Peaceful Poppies.  However, this image is quite large and busy, so you might not see much patterned paper on the card this month. Of course, I also included some bling along with ribbons.  

I decided I was going to go with a rainbow theme for my flowers in honor of Pride Month!  I colored the sweet floral image with my Copic Sketch Markers, using the 7 colors of the rainbow.  I layered the image on black and used a sheet of pattered paper that looked a bit watercolored for the background. The sentiment was punched out with a Stampin' Up circle punch and layered on black.   I added the twine  behind the sentiment along with some iridescent bling to the card for the added sparkle!  This was fun card to make!





I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my card this month and enjoyed the kit I sent to each of them.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted this month.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blog, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   

We will be back in July with the kit Jeanette will be sending out.  Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what fun she has planned!


Image/Sentiment:  Pinkfresh Studio Bouquet of Hearts

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100" Cougar Opaque White;  Stampin' Up Basic Black, Peaceful Poppies Patterned Paper

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Twine; Pinkfresh Glacier Jewels; Stampin' Up Circle Punches

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is beautiful... I love the colorful bouquet! Thank you for hosting his round. I enjoyed your theme/kit!

Tracie said...

I just love the rainbow of colors in your bouquet. So cute. Loved this image.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the vibrant bouquet Barb, and the wonderful way you used the twine
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Wow Barb. I love this card. So clever to cut a sentiment out for the front of the card. I love how you placed the embellies. You do such a good job with that. Thank you so much for the awesome kit. It sure was fun to work with. ♥