Monday, June 12, 2023

Trying out Lumiere


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.   This is card number 49, so we are starting year #5. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I found the item I used while cleaning and destashing some drawers.  I have a few bottles of Lumiere Artist Acrylics by Jacquard.  A few were dried up and I tossed them.  But, the Pearl Magenta bottle still looked good so I looked online as to how to use it.  One way is to added water and brush it over the surface.  So, I sprayed water on my piece of white cardstock and added some of the Lumiere with a small paint brush.  You can actually see the brush strokes.  I added more water and more Lumiere to fill the the card front.  There is some shine in the color, though it is hard to see.  I then die cut Hello from my Concord & 9th Everyday Saying die set three times from The Paper Cut's White Lady Metallic cardstock. I did not use the backer that matches the die.   I added some white enamel dots around the word!




I'm not sure how messy I got this month.   But, I did try something I have not used in probably more than 10 years.  I really like the look of my card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like it too!  Here are the links to the other somewhat messy crafters:   Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on July 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  Concord & 9th Everyday Saying Die Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Basic Black; The Paper Cut White Lady Metallic, 100# Cougar Opaque White

Ink:  Lumiere Artist Acrylics by Jacquard-Pearl Magenta and water

Accessories:   White Enamel Dots

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is cheerful and colorful... and I'm sure the shimmer/shine in person makes it even more amazing. Impressive bold sentiment, too!

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Barb - Love the bold word on your gorgeous background. I too have some of those paint, somewhere.... Loved them at the time of purchase, but did not use them up by any means.
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

wow Barb what a fun background. I love the color and the layout of the card. wonderful placement of the white brads. Beautiful, fun card for this challenge.