Sunday, June 11, 2023

Silhouettes Layered





Last week Gina K demonstrated a few cool card on her Stamp & Chat Live. I have seen many samples from other crafters on social media the past few days and I thought I wanted to try it too.  It does not have a name, but it uses cover plates and a stamped image.  If you want to see it, check out her channel on YouTube and look for the video from Tuesday, June 6th.  

I do not have any Gina K cover plates, but I do have many of her stamps.  I love the silhouette style of stamps, so that is what I used--Autumn Silhouettes and Friendly Silhouettes.  The cover plates I used were Gina Marie Designs Funky Steel Background Plate and an Elizabeth Craft Designs Chevron Background.   Each of the plates was cut three times--once with the stamped image and then two more times from plain white to layer behind for depth.  The background is also stamped in black ink with the same image and then the cover plate is lined up over the top.  The sentiments are from one of Gina K sentiment packs and die cut with one her her sentiment strip dies.  No bling is needed!








I think these cards are fun.  I have seen other cards where there is some ink blended on the base layer for a bit of color.  I like the basic black and white combo.  Try it out for yourself!


Image/Sentiment:  Gina K Designs Autumn Silhouettes and Friendly Silhouettes
 
Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White; Stampin' Up Basic Black

 
Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories: Gina Marie Designs Funky Steel Background Plate; Elizabeth Craft Designs Chevron Background

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a dramatic pair of cards Barb - I had also seen some around, and it's a great technique! Love your results
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Barb these cards are absolutely Stunning!!!! I'll have to see if I can get this to work. Just love these cards.