Saturday, July 15, 2023

Christmas in July

 


Today is the 15th and this is my card for our The Creative Crew!  We are a group of 7 and all one team--Jeanette, Carol, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit.  This month Jeanette sent everyone a fun Christmas in July kit. She decided after two months of florals, it was time for something cooler!

Jeanette sent everyone this cute image from CC Designs called Green One.  She was so kind as to have some already die cut for us--yay!   She also included a variety of sentiments--one is on the front and the other on the inside of my card.   We also received some fun and very colorful patterned paper.  Of course, she also included some bling along with ribbons.  

I wanted to use a few of the colorful papers, so I layered two as my background for the image. I colored one of the die cut grinch images with my Copic Sketch Markers and added some Wink of Stella on the white fur.  I popped it up on the holly background.   I added a piece of the bright green ribbon to the panel.  The sentiment was die cut with a MFT banner die from the Blueprints 27 die set.  I added some bling to the banner and also around the background!  This was fun card to make!





This is the inside of my card with the second sentiment.  




I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my card this month. Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted this month.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blog, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   

We will be back in August with the kit Lorraine will be sending out.  Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what fun she has planned!


Image/Sentiment:  CC Designs Green One image and sentiment; Crackerbox Grinch Saying on the inside

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Accent Opaque White;  Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green; Recollections Fa La La LA Paper-Mistletoe Patterned Paper; My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas-Red Patterned Paper

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Stampin' Up Green Ribbon; MFT-My Favorite Things Blueprints 27 die set; Red Rhinestones; Wink of Stella

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card makes me smile - fun design to show off so many of the kit items. Of course, your coloring is outstanding, too.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a fun card you have made Barb - love your use of the papers and the colouring of the 'grinch' image. Awesome work
Blessings
Maxine

Tracie said...

Such a fun card Barb. You did a great job focusing the card on the Grinch.

Carol W said...

Great card Barb both inside and out.

Lorraine said...

Such a fun card! Your coloring is awesome!