Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Wet My Plants

 

This card was posted on Instagram last weekend for a hop called Rediscovery! The premise of this hop is to find the treasures hidden, instead of buying new supplies.  We all have those drawers, bins and shelves that have been tucked away and forgotten.  We all need to root through them and rediscover what we have!  The hop is always the last weekend of every month and we are able to pick if we want to post on Saturday or Sunday.  I picked yesterday to post my card, but I will also check out the great cards posted today too!

The theme for July is Summer.  I picked a fun stamp set from Art Impressions called His & Her Gardeners.  We are on an acre and a half, so we have lots of area to garden in the summer. We also have a greenhouse!  We are able to start seeds in our basement under lights in our basement and then move out to greenhouse.  I am "in charge" of the flowers in pots and baskets--and we have quite a few on the deck and other places.  We also have a vegetable garden inside a fence full of raised beds and various containers.   So-summer means gardens to us!




I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I die cut from the Granny Apple Green panel with a Gina Marie Designs Peekaboo Oval Die and then embossed the panel with a Sizzix Tim Holtz Cobblestone 2 folder. I added foam tape under the oval panel and popped it over the image.  I also added the bee stamp and hose around the oval.  The sentiment is also in the stamp set and I did cut it with a Gina Marie Double Stitched Oval die. No additional embellishments are needed.




This hop on Instagram happens the last weekend of every month. If anyone is interested in joining us in the future, feel free to contact Tracy on IG--@craftwithme101    I know I will be back hopping in August!

Image/Sentiment:   Art Impressions HIs & Hers Gardeners

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black;

Accessories:  Sizzix Tim Holtz Cobblestone 2 Embossing Folder; Copic Sketch Markers; Gina Marie Designs Peekaboo Oval Die, Double Stitched Circle Die

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Barb, I love this, and needless to say on first glance I read the sentiment incorrectly.... oops :) Love the wee hose and bee embellishments
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a fun card, Barb... and yes, I could definitely find things in my stash and never need to make another purchase, other than things like CS and glue.