Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Hot Mess Cards


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.   This is card number 50, so we are into year #5. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I used some Simon Hurley Lunar Paste.  I picked some 3-D Embossing Folders and black cardstock.  I then used my fingers to add the colored paste to the embossed images.  I did also add a bit of Crocodile Tears Solar Paste over some of the colors on the panels.    

But, for the first card, I used the Solar Paste on a black panel with a Simon Hurley Stencil called Looks Like Rain.  The die is Simon Says Stamp Feel Better Soon, cut from Navy Mirricard.  The black panel was then die cut with Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 and mounted on Misty Moonlight.  The card base is Night of Navy.



For the red/blue card, I used my Sizzix Woven 3-D Embossing Folders and black cardstock. The Lunar Paste colors are Midnight Snack and Game Over, applied with my fingers.  I added a bit of Crocodile Tears Solar Paste where the two colors met.  The die cut is from Erin Lee Creative, called Oh Happy and was cut three times from The Paper Cut's Burgundy Mirricard.  I added some navy enamel dots around the word!




For the Thanks card, I used my Sizzix Doily 3-D Embossing Folders and black cardstock. The Lunar Paste colors are Tropical Tango and Minty Fresh, again applied with my fingers.  I added a bit of Crocodile Tears Solar Paste over parts of the design.  The die cut is from Taylored Expressions called Framed Script Thanks and was cut three times from The Paper Cut's Green Mirrisparkle.  I added some green glitter enamel dots around the words!




For the final card, I used my Sizzix Tim Holtz Cobblestone 3-D Embossing Folders and black cardstock. The Lunar Paste colors are Midnight Snack, Minty Fresh and Tropical Tango, applied at an angle along the cardstock. I again added some Solar Paste sparingly around the panel.  The die cut is from The Paper Cut and is called Happy Birthday-- it was cut three times from TPC's Navy Mirricard.  I added some green enamel dots around the words!




Here are all 4 cards, using Simon Hurley's Lunar Paste and Solar Paste.



I really like the look of my cards and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like them too!  Here are the links to the other somewhat messy crafters:   Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on August 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  The Paper Cut Happy Birthday, Erin Lee Creative Oh Happy Day, Taylored Expressions Script Thanks and Simon Says Stamp Feel Better Soon Dies

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Basic Black, Night of Navy, Misty Moonlight; The Paper Cut Burgundy, Navy and Green Mirricard, Green Mirrisparkle, 

Ink:  Simon Hurley Midnight Snack, Tropical Tango, Minty Fresh and Game Over Lunar Paste, Crocodile Tears Solar Paste

Accessories:   Sizzix Woven, Cobblestone 2 and Doily 3-D Embossing Folders; Simon Hurley Looks Like Rain Stencil;  Enamel Dots

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! These four cards are stunning, Barb! I think I need to dig out my Lunar Paste and play.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness Barb - these are stunning - love the metallic outcome with that fabulous shine - what great work!! I am trying to tell myself I don't need to buy that paste, but after seeing these....
Baessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Wow wow wow these are amazing cards. Each so different and unique.