Sunday, November 12, 2023

Hot Mess ~ Success





Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card. These two cards are number 54, so we are into year #5. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I decided again to make two cards.  While I was messy, I might as well make two! The messiness this month was Purple Mist Metallic Gilding Polish made by Creative Expressions, applied over an embossed image.  

For both of the cards, the background is black cardstock and I used Stampin' Up Embossing Folders.  The Thanks card used the Exposed Brick folder and the Birthday one is Parisian Flourish.  I then took the Purple Mist Gilding Polish and gently rubbed the color over the top of the embossed panel.  The Thanks is from Concord & 9th called Big Thanks and is layered three times.  Lawn Fawn makes thes Giant Happy Birthday to You and I offset a layer of a black die cut under the two layers of purple.  I added some Trinity Midnight Ball dots around the cards for a bit more shine.  





I really like the look of my cards and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like them too!  Here are the links to the other somewhat messy crafters:   Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on December 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  Lawn Fawn Giant Happy Birthday to You Die; Concord & 9th Big Thanks Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up Basic Black; Taylored Expressions Eggplant

Ink: Creative Expressions Purple Mist Metallic Gilding Polish

Accessories:  Trinity Stamps Midnight Ball Dots

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What beauties, Barb! I love how the gilding polish makes the depth of the embossing folders so much more obvious. You've done an outstanding job with this month's Hot Mess Success challenge!

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - these are amazing Barb - love the way the coloured guilding looks against the black cardstock, so dramatic!!
Blessings
Maxine