Tuesday, November 28, 2023

White on White

 


Today is the day I am posting my card for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 83rd month of de-stash, so we are coming to the end of our 7th year of challenges.  I cannot believe my thought about using what we have is now 6+ years old!   I really like these challenges and know they will continue as I know I have many, many items in my stash that I can use and love the fun challenges!


The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Vicki posted our November challenge--Make a White on White card. 

I really like white on white cards, but I do not make them too often.  I thought this would be a perfect time to make a Christmas card!  I picked some Sizzix dies for the card.  The background is a Tim Holtz Sizzix Swirling Stars die.  I then used 2 dies from the Tim Holtz Sizzix Dash Away All--the sleigh and the moon.  I cut three of each piece and layered for dimension over the background.  I tried a few sentiment dies, but they did not look right, so it is plain!

 


If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days. There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSNOV.  You might see many cards there if you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For December, Lisa is up for our challenge.  Be sure to check back to see what we create then!


Image/Sentiment: Sizzix Tim Holtz Swirling Stars and Dash Away All Die Sets

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White

Ink:  None

Accessories:  None

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, the swirl of stars and crescent moon are the perfect accompaniment to Santa's ride. Fun card!