Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Thoughts & Reminders


Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 35th month, so we are getting to the end of year #3


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For November, the company we picked was Altenew. They make some really pretty floral stamps with matching dies and sometimes stencils along with embossing folders.  However, they also have some very fun sentiment stamps and I picked one called Thoughts and Reminders. I went with a very simple card to highlight the inspiring message.  True Confession------I have had these two cards done since early spring as I misread our monthly calendar.  

I picked the colors of cardstock and then the matching ink for the sentiment.    I die each of the sentiments with Gina K's Master Layouts 2 along with the backer.   For both cards, I used an embossing folder.   I then added some bling for the final touches.

 


For the card on the left, I used a Sizzix 3D Art Deco Embossing Folder. The black and white colors are perfect for the sentiment.  I added some black Taylored Expressions Drip Dots in an arch in the embossed part of the background.   

For the card on the right, I picked a Tim Holtz Brickwork Texture Fades Embossing Folder. This time to colors are monochromatic--Bermuda Bay and Cool Caribbean.  I added some colored pearls around the frame. 


Again, both cards use an embossed folder and my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2. The star of the cards should be the encouraging sentiment, so just a bit of bling around the frame.





I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards. Here is a link to Jeanette'sDarlene’s  and  Carol's blogs.   I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  

Next month we are using MFT-My Favorite Things--should be some cute cards.  So be sure to check out our cards on December 22nd!  


Image/Sentiment:   Altenew Thoughts & Reminders

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Cool Caribbean

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black; Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay

Accessories:  Tim Holtz Brickwork Texture Fades Embossing Folder; Sizzix 3D Art Deco Embossing Folder; Gina K Design Master Layouts 2;  Bling

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful pair of cards Barb - love all the double duty elements you have managed to incorporate into them
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! The simple design and depth/dimension of these bring an excellence to the card!