Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Body Parts Highlighted-Slimming Stripes!



Today is the third Wednesday of the month and this is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 of us, Kelly, Jeanette and me, are back with another challenge for April, our 48th month!  That means this month is the start of year #5 for us--WOW!



Kelly provided the challenge for us this month: Body Parts!Last year, I had news that I needed  medical hip surgery.  Although I was bummed, I turned that frown upside down by thinking - let's make the best of it and have some fun with body parts!  Sometimes they bend and breakor need to be repaired.   Good thing we have an entire rest of our bodies to lean on!  

Your challenge this month is to create a card using a (as in one, SINGLE) body part. You may chose any stamp company/image you like but it can only show one body part. And because we're creative and often use the rule of 3's, let's take it up a notch!  Your body part can only be on 1/3 of the card!  The other 2/3 of the space you can use however you like, or not at all, and use whatever papers, EF, techniques, etc., you like. You may also include one sentiment. Think outside the box, get as creative as you like and most of all, have fun - now let's get Ready, Set, GO!


Hummmmmmmmmmmmm.  Another great challenge that had me thinking!   I knew I had a Santa image sticking out of a chimney, but I did not want to highlight a butt as the body part!   I then thought of this cut witch image from Endless Creations-a local company in Green Bay, Wisconsin. So--here are legs as a body part!    I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.   I paper pieced her skirt with some Memories for Life Frightful & Furry patterned paper--vertical stripes are very slimming!  The background is a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder called Spiderweb.  The sentiment is from a Paper Pumpkin kit, but not sure of the name.  I did not meet the requirement of the image only taking 1/3 of my card--visualize a mini slimline and then it works!  




Here is the inside of my card, with the same slimming stripes!



Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. I am  up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in May.

Image/Sentiment:  Endless Creations Witch's Feet/Sentiment is from a Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grape, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie; Heritage Makers Our Memories For Life Frightful & Furry Patterned Paper

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Black Enamel Dot; Cuttlebug Spiderweb Embossing Folder; Stampin' Up Circle punches



2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a fun card and great use of the challenge Barb
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

well now is'nt this the funnest Halloween card! I'll 'let is slide' that it has two legs and two feet - you still get an A for effort and creative design! LOL! Super cute - thanks for playing!