Thursday, April 22, 2021

Double Duty-Avery Elle


Here we go.  This is month #4 of another challenge for the trio of stampers—Barb, Jeanette and Kelly!  This is our 7th challenge that the three of us are doing together! This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night, similar to what Kelly has had in the past.  Plus, it is a bit of offshoot of our Stamp What Challenge! This one is called Double Duty!

 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For April, the company that I picked was Avery Elle. They really have some sweet images, many different varieties and many have coordinating dies.  I picked the cute floral set Spring Bouquet--and it has a matching die set!    I love the image and coordinating sentiments!

     





For both cards, I colored the bouquet with my Copic Sketch Markers.   I also decided I would use an embossing folder on both cards, as the second part of the Double Duty!  I also embossed the words "Wishing You A" on black cardstock and added a different sentiment on each of the two cards.


For my first card, I embossed the background cardstock with my Stampin' Up Tufted Embossing Folder--one of my favorite folders!  I die cut the image and then picked the sentiment Wishing You a Speedy Recovery.  I then added mini-pearls where each of the diamonds met and love the final result!




For my second card, I also die cut the image and added some linen thread around the bouquet.  The embossing folder is also from Stampin' Up called Polka Dot.    This time I added some yellow enamel dots for this Birthday card!



I had a number of Double Duty elements on these cards.  I used the same image and coordinating die, Copic Sketch Markers and an embossing folder.

Here is the inside of both cards:



I hope you enjoyed my card for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog-they may post today or tomorrow, so be sure to check back.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. Unity is the company we will use in May, so be sure to check back to see how we double up and make two cards on the 22nd!

Image/Sentiment:  Avery Elle Spring Bouquet Stamp and Coordinating Dies

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Blushing Bride, Rococo Rose

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Polka Dots and Tufted Embossing Folders, Mini White Pearls; Yellow Enamel Dots; Linen Thread; Copic Sketch Markers; 




3 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Barb these are both drop jaw gorgeous! I love the background detail, too with the fun embossing folders. Spectacular spring cards! Sorry I'm such a slacker with this new card challenge ........ I can't keep up with myself!

kiwimeskreations said...

Awesome work Barb - these are amazing cards, and I love them both - keeping them monochromatic added to the double duty element too :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my - how pretty! Both of your cards are absolutely gorgeous, Barb!