Monday, April 12, 2021

Sprinkles for your Birthday


Today is the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 21 and we are well into year #2. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.




For this month's messiness,  I used a brand new to me stencil that I received last month in our sweet Taylored Expressions Stamp Joy box.  It is called Sprinkles! This stencil is a turnabout type stencil that can be used with up to 4 colors and rotated each time.   I used some Picket Fence Paper Glaze with it and this is try #4 or 5-I lost count......  I had three colors picked out and each time when I got to the third color, the glaze seeped under the stencil and I had a puddled sprinkle!  I was not sure if it was the glaze, so I used a different color and it still happened.  Then, I thought the stencil was not totally dry--still happened.  Then, I used Pixie Spray and still happened!  So, I decided that after adding the the two colors of glaze, the stencil did not fit flat on the cardstock and the third color of glaze got underneath, hence causing the puddle.  So--I only used two--Cornflower Blue and Leaf Grass!  Done!!!

The image is a sweet stamp from Whipper Snapper Designs called Purrfect Birthday!  I colored with my Copic Sketch Markers and added a piece of Pacific Point ribbon as a flag.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp, birthday sentiment strips.



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the colorful paper:



Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   We will all continuing this year, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on April 12th.  

Image/Sentiment: Whipper Snapper Designs Purrfect Birthday; Simon Says Stamp Birthday Sentiment Strip

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 1110# White; Stampin' Up Pacific Point, Call Me Clover

Ink: Simon Says Stamp Intense Black; 

Accessories:  Picket Fence Paper Glaze-Cornflower Blue and Leaf Green; Taylored Expressions Sprinkles Stencil; Stampin' Up Pacific Point Stitched 1/4" Grosgrain




4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is ADORABLE!!! And you perseverance is commendable! I admire how many times you tried with those sprinkles.

Carol W said...

Barb what a great card. I love it. I have never used a turn about stencil but will definately have to try it as your card turned out so cute.Great job,

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness your card turned out adorable although the process to get there sounds like it was more work then play! Super fun birthday card!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness your card turned out adorable although the process to get there sounds like it was more work then play! Super fun birthday card!