Wednesday, May 5, 2021

24 Hour Blueprints Debut


Welcome to the first post of 24 Hour Blueprint.  This is another brainchild of Kelly and I think it might be our 8th challenge between the three of us--Kelly, Jeanette and me!  Yes, we have agreed to try another type of fun challenge.  Pretty soon my blog will be full of challenges with the three of us!!!!!!

So--how does 24 Hour Blueprint work? 
1--We each have 24 hours to make your card(s),  We post the following morning of the hostess's mysterious challenge.

2--Hostesses will announce the number of card(s) 24 hours before the challenge - not 2 days before or 20 minutes before ... you get 24 hours and that's. it! 

3--Hostesses can chose up to 4 mysterious blueprints but they must be made in under an hour - so nothing FANCY SCHMANCY!

4--Hostesses give us ONLY the specs for the card requirements (blueprints) and what EACH layer should be. The stamps/colors/papers used may vary per player.  You may say A2 card bases or slimline, 1 base layer DSP, 3 heart and 1 circle for card #1 yadda yadda!  Each card must have it's own blueprint so please give a description for each!

5--We use any stamp and/or company.   It's open to interpretation. 

6--We are going to post every other month--dates to be determined each month.  

So--yesterday morning, we had an email from Kelly with the following attachment:


I love the sketches she sent and such a fun theme--Summer Fun!


For Sketch #1, I picked a fun Whipper Snapper Designs stamp called Haagen-Daz Bear.  I think this shouts summer!  I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and die cut it with The Ton Couture Cuts Double Stitched Circle.  I used two colors of washi tape for the strip on the side of the circle.  The patterned papers are from the American Crafts Summer line called Sweet Treats.  I added some glossy accents on the 4 scoops of ice cream-or sherbet.  From the bottom-Orange Sherbet, Chocolate, Mint Chip, Strawberry, topped with hard chocolate and a cherry on top!

Here is the inside of that card:



Now on to Sketch #2.


For this one, I made a square card in order to try to get all of the components from the sketch placed on it.  I still used a bit of liberty with it.............  This time, I picked Hero Arts Polka Dot Vase Bouquet.  I have had this wooden stamp for a long time and is one of my favorite floral images.  I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and used the necessary pink, orange and green! The Sweet die cut is from Birch Press and the backer is vellum.  The background paper is from the same American Crafts line and is the backside that looks wood grained.  I used my Stampin' Up Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder for the pink strip at the bottom.  An orange flower is the added touch and I added a few yellow enamel dots to match the center of the flower.

Here is the inside of that card, with a strip of washi tape:



And the final card:


For Sketch 3, I made a mini slimline card. This time it is a Penny Black cute stamp called Lazy Days--a perfect summer image!  I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers. The sentiment is from the Spellbinders Many Words stamp set--layered on a strip of Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon. The fun patterned paper is also American Crafts Summer called Swimsuit.

Here is the inside of that card:




This was a great challenge Kelly--loved it very much!  Please be sure to check out the other 24 Hour Blueprints cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy checking out what each of them have created in the past 24 hours!  I am up for the next challenge and that will happen sometime in July.  Please be sure t check back.

Image/Sentiment: Gina Penny Black-Lazy Days/Spellbinders Many Words; Hero Arts-Polka Dot Vase Bouquet; Whipper Snapper Designs Haagen-Daz Bear

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Garden Green, Granny Apple Green, Powder Pink, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive; Taylored Expressions Mini Slimline Base; Vellum; American Crafts Summer Cold Treats/Swimsuit

Ink:  Simon Says Stamp Intense  Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Stampin' Up Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Pumpkin Pie 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon; Glossy Accents; Orange Flower; Yellow Enamel Dots; Birch Press Designs Sweet Die and Backer; The Ton Couture Cuts Double Stitched Circle




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb - WOW! You've created three absolutely adorable cards! In less than an hour. Your image choices are perfect and your coloring looks fabulous! What a fun - summer fun - trio of cards!

MiamiKel said...

Happy summer indeed with these fabby cards!! You rocked them ALL!! Such fun papers and your coloring is like HEART EYES!! Thanks for playing and I can’t wait to see what you get us into next round! :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such an awesome new challenge. These cards are so adorable.